Wednesday, February 27, 2008

in the cold

the sheets cracked full of air
covering metal bed frames better
than i
more intent on framing you in the
minus four degree heat
my reaction to you was quite
the same as it could have ever been

in the cold

mornings after grains of
salt between my teeth and
the soles of my shoes teeth and
my veins staggering exquisite
break

at that time of morning joints cry as i sing!
and stretch ligament greeting
the coils sub skin
relax
and that's beautiful

as it could have ever been

in even a degree inferior
to the handle becomes an inside
which becomes a tree
which meets the ground
and ice which meets the hallways
to your door
and maybe an afternoon
with you

1 comment:

Mel Coyle said...

the many heats feel
artificial against your off
charge
of all the rooms and cross-sections
of life and light and windowfaces
stirring noodles brewing pots
catch the life from my sheets
there is nothing
I would not do to you
over coffee